Practical Philosophy Part 1B
Summer Term : 25 Jan – 3 Apr
One session a week for 10 weeks.
Each session will be approximately 1hr 30mins.
Day & Time Options:
Please note that the term has started and registrations are closed.
Subscribe to our mailing list to be notified of the new term starting in May 2021.
Where : Online
Prerequisites : Students must have completed Part 1A.
Practical Philosophy is the exploration of knowledge, wisdom and ideas you can use to make sense of your world. It’s about discovering the truth of things – not in theory, but in our own experience.
This ten week course looks at profound principles that lead to a new outlook, and suggests simple steps towards living a better, more meaningful and serene life.
The course is practical in the sense that it is designed to be of direct use in our everyday lives. The intention is to stimulate enquiry and through this expand the way we look at the world and ourselves, conferring happiness and freedom.
Part 1B covers the following:
- The Three-Fold Energy – How to recognise different types of energy, how to conserve them and use them wisely.
- The Light of Reason – What is reason? How can it enrich our lives?
- Unity in Diversity – The effect of finding unity – seeing nature’s apparent diversity as part of a single whole.
- The Power of Beauty – What is beauty? We consider Plato’s notion of one ultimate beauty – beauty absolute.
- The Desire for Truth – How our search for truth has fared as the term has progressed, and how it shows itself.
Tues at 19:00, Wed at 19:00, Thur at 19:00